SecurityCoverage, Inc. is committed to the security and privacy of our users’ (“you” or “your”) information in connection with any use of SecurityCoverage services (“Services”). We update our policy from time to time without notice, and all updates will be published at this site. If you have any questions concerning this policy you may contact SecurityCoverage directly using any of the communication means outlined at the end of this policy.
What information we collect and how we use it
SecurityCoverage understands your desire to protect personal information. In the course of using our Services we may collect personal information that can be used to contact or identify you. We also request personal information when you answer a survey, enter a contest, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website. We intend to inform you how your personal information will be gathered, tracked or used, and to give you choices. If choices are not offered on web pages or Services where your personal information is obtained, please select one of the communication channels at the bottom of this policy to indicate your communication preferences. Personal Information may be used to:
- Fulfill requests for products, Services or information
- Improve our Services
- Administer your use of Services
- Improve and personalize your user experience
- Provide software updates and product announcements
- Better understand your interests and needs
- If you submit an order with us online we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name, address, e-mail, and credit card number
- If you request technical support online, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name, address and information about your
- computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing. You make the decision whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal
- information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, however, you may not be able to complete the transaction or receive support.
- To provide you with information about security alerts, services upgrades, new services, newsletters, informative e-mails, and research on future service ideas or improvements
- To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you
- To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you
- To assist us in creating better Services to meet your needs
- To allow you to purchase and download Services, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select
- To help you quickly find software, Services or product information important to you
Our mobile applications (“Apps” or “App” or “Applications”) may access real-time location-based information (i.e. GPS). Our software helps you find and secure your phone if it is lost or stolen. You can locate your phone on a map using location information provided by your phone, activate a loud siren even if your volume is turned down so that you can find a phone lost nearby, lock your phone, or wipe your phone. These features and settings are controlled through our website. Our purpose in collecting this information is to provide you with the location of your phone when you request it. If you activate the locate feature, your browser will send location information in order to display a map of the location within your SecurityCoverage account webpage. When activating this feature, we track the phone’s location in order to provide an accurate location for you.
Your Device Information for Anti-Virus
We collect information about the applications on your device, in order to conduct scans and to download them. We also may collect information about how applications behave on your device (i.e. whether an application is sending premium-rate text messages that charge money to your phone bill) and the network services with which your applications communicate, in order to determine if any applications are behaving maliciously. Each time our Service performs a scan, we collect information that describes what files and applications are identified by the scan as potentially undesirable and your remediation choice (i.e. uninstall or ignore).
We offer remote access service to assist in diagnosing and resolving technical issues. This process allows our technicians to remotely access your computer to determine the problem and either repair it or provide advice on what options are available to fix the issue or optimize your network. By taking advantage of this Service, you are giving permission to a SecurityCoverage technician to log into your computer, or view your network, which may contain personal information. Our technician will only search your computer to determine the cause of the problem, and at your request, fix the problem. Our technician will attempt to limit their interaction with your files to a minimum. Remote access shall be granted for one-time, limited duration use. It is your responsibility to ensure all of your files, especially those containing personal information, are secure to prevent any type of data loss or corruption.
We track your activity using integrated analytics (including but not limited to monitoring traffic, usage, retention and conversions) if you’re using one of our SecurityCoverage mobile applications. The applications obtain the information you provide when you download and register the application.
Our analytics allow us to understand a variety of factors that measure our user’s traffic, retention, conversions and usage. For example:
- How you’re interacting with our apps;
- How, when and where our application is used;
- Increase application monetization and conversions.
Information collected through our integrated analytics is used to improve product roadmaps, increase application engagement and retention. We may also use the information you provided us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
To stop all collection of information by the application you may use the standard uninstall processes as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Your email and password responsibility
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other software and services outside of SecurityCoverage, Inc. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately through your software or contact email@example.com for further assistance.
You are responsible for ensuring that the email address associated with your account is accurate. SecurityCoverage, Inc. is not responsible if you provide an incorrect email address.
With whom we might share your information
SecurityCoverage will not sell or rent any of the information you voluntarily provide to any source. However, we do share some of the information with certain third parties who are involved in processing applications, providing Service for us, and fulfilling our obligations under our agreements with you. We only share your information when it is required in order to complete the application, confirm you as a SecurityCoverage customer, and provide Service. Third parties only receive the information necessary to complete their respective service(s).
Other uses of your information may include:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
SecurityCoverage provides a number of ways for you to opt out of receiving additional information from us or having us provide your personal information to our partners. If you are on a SecurityCoverage web page that requires personal information but does not offer communication choices, or would like to change your preferences for information that you have previously provided, please contact us. If you are registering a version of a Service that does not provide you the capability to indicate your communication preferences, please use one of the communication channels at the bottom of this policy. If you do not wish to continue receiving our email newsletters or bulletins you can opt out of receiving these communications by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link, or replying with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line of the email.
Security and Quality of Personal Information
We have taken security measures, consistent with standard information security practices, to protect your personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.